New York Times: Fatal Bronx Fire Was Caused By Candles

New York Times — A fire in the Bronx on Friday evening that killed three children was caused by candles that were apparently being used for light after power to the apartment was cut off because of unpaid bills, the authorities said on Saturday.

Three brothers, Elijah Artis, 5, Jeremiah Artis, 2, and Michael Turner, 4 months, were killed in the blaze, according to the police. Two other siblings — a 4-year old and a 4-month old, Michael’s twin — and the children’s mother, 25, were treated for smoke inhalation, the police added.

Read the entire story on NewYorkTimes.com >

Pin It

Leave a Reply