(CBSNewYork) Officials: Candles Likely Cause Of Fire That Killed 3 Young Boys In The Bronx

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Police and fire officials Saturday morning said candles may have been to blame for a fire that left three small children dead in the Bronx.

The Fire Marshal’s office said a candle in the kitchen likely caused the fire swept through an apartment at 64 W. 165th St. in the Highbridge section of the Bronx just before 8 p.m. Friday.

As 1010 WINS’ Eileen Lehpamer reported, Con Edison confirmed that it had shut off power to the apartment due to non-payment. Neighbors said the mother of five who lived in the unit had been using the candles as an alternative to light the apartment.

The power had only been off for a few days, Con Ed told CBS 2.

Read the entire story on New York CBS Local.com >

 

Pin It

Leave a Reply