(CNN) Official: 3 children die in Bronx fire after candle lit

New York (CNN) — A fire that swept through a Bronx apartment killing three young brothers was caused by a candle and occurred one day after the power company cut off electricity for unpaid bills, officials said Saturday.

A neighbor said she was in her apartment in the building on West 165th Street — half a mile from Yankee Stadium — when she heard the boys’ mother, Tashika Turner, screaming “Fire!”

“She was yelling out the window,” Cynthia Woods told CNN affiliate NY1. “She saw me and said, ‘Fire!’ So I ran upstairs to the apartment and I kicked the door open.

Read the entire story on CNN.com >

Pin It

Leave a Reply