New York's Utility Project | To help educate the public about its legal rights as utility consumers
  • Comcast TW Merger Campaign Banner

  • NYUP-Slider-ConEd3

  • ThinkTwice

  • NYUP-Slider-StopShutOffs

  • NYUP-Slider-CablePhone


How do I get Residential Electric or Natural Gas Utility Service?
You should be able to apply for and obtain electric or natural gas service in most situations simply by calling… Read More >>


Under what circumstances can the utility shut off my service?
A utility may only terminate your service if you:
• failed to pay charges for services rendered within the past twelve months.  In other words, if… Read More >>


If you are without electric or gas service, or are threatened with termination of service, and have a dispute with the utility you may contact the PSC Hotline at 1-800-342-3355. A call to the Hotline is not the same as a “complaint”. Read More >>