During the COVID-19 Pandemic, the Federal Communications Commission (“FCC”) has taken numerous steps to make its 35-year-old discount telephone and broadband program — Lifeline — easier to access and retain for low-income Americans. As the FCC describes on its site, “Lifeline provides up to a $9.25 monthly discount on service for eligible low-income subscribers and up Read more…
Follow Us On Twitter
- Lifeline Awareness Week: Sept 20-24, 2021
- The Emergency Broadband Benefit Program (“EBB”) administered by the FCC is still taking signups for discount internet service to low-income households.
- Throwback to Senator Parker’s Moratorium Acts of 2020 (with M/A Mosley) & 2021 (with M/A Richardson).
- Throwback to the Pilchen Case of 2010
- The Moratorium on Utility Service Termination Ended on June 24, 2021.