Media Coverage

Happy New Year for Con Edison: News Year’s Eve Proposal Would Continue High Rates if Approved by PSC

Con Edison filed new rates last year with data regarding a one year case, and the PSC suspended implementation of new rates until they could be reviewed.  Department of Public Service (DPS) Staff and other parties filed testimony regarding the filed one-year rate proposal, cross examination of witnesses was conducted over several weeks, and parties Read more…

Pin It

The Buffalo News: National Fuel near settlement on ‘excess’ profit probe

The Buffalo News — A potential settlement could be close in the state Public Service Commission’s rate case with National Fuel Gas Co. and its probe into whether it should recover “excess” profits that the Amherst-based utility earned over the last few years and refund them to customers. Six of the seven parties involved in Read more…

Pin It

The Buffalo News: National Fuel Blocked By Judge In Excess Earnings Case

The Buffalo News ––A State Supreme Court justice has shot down – at least for the time being – National Fuel Gas Co.’s legal efforts to prevent state regulators from potentially refunding “excess” earnings by the company in the last few years to its customers.National Fuel had sued the New York State Public Service Commission, Read more…

Pin It

HIGHBRIDGE (WABC): FDNY says fire that killed 3 boys in the Bronx sparked by candle

HIGHBRIDGE (WABC) — Investigators say the fire that killed three children in the Bronx Friday night was accidental, caused by a candle in the kitchen area. The three-alarm fire broke out inside a building on West 165th Street in the Highbridge section. 5-year-old Elijah Artis, 2-year-old Jeremiah Artis, and 4-month-old Michael Turner were killed in Read more…

Pin It

(CBSNewYork) Officials: Candles Likely Cause Of Fire That Killed 3 Young Boys In The Bronx

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Police and fire officials Saturday morning said candles may have been to blame for a fire that left three small children dead in the Bronx. The Fire Marshal’s office said a candle in the kitchen likely caused the fire swept through an apartment at 64 W. 165th St. in the Highbridge Read more…

Pin It

Fire Kills 3 Boys After Con Ed Shut Power Off to Collect Unpaid Bill and Mom Used Candles (New York’s Utility Project)

Saturday, October 26, 2013 The importance of continued, safe electric service was tragically underscored again last night, when three young Bronx boys, ages 4 months, 2 years, and 5 years died in a fire apparently caused by a candle used for light.  According to a CBS news report,  “Con Edison confirmed that it had shut Read more…

Pin It

Fire Kills 3 Boys After Con Ed Shut Power Off to Collect Unpaid Bill and Mom Used Candles (New York’s Utility Project)

The importance of continued, safe electric service was tragically underscored again last night, when three young Bronx boys, ages 4 months, 2 years, and 5 years died in a fire apparently caused by a candle used for light.  According to a CBS news report,  “Con Edison confirmed that it had shut off power to the Read more…

Pin It